The Silent Ballet Compilation – Volume 14
Fall 2009 – Winter 2010
As is becoming tradition around these parts, Volume 14 and 15 will be released in close proximity to one another. Each compilation continues the website’s commitment to spotlighting emerging musicians, featuring upcoming releases, and providing rare tracks from our favorite artists to our readers. Our focus is always on the international level, and we’ll never tire of searching for the next best thing in the most unusual of places. Our goal of a seven continent split is almost within our grasp, we’re just awaiting news of the first penguin-led post-rock group.
We’re also committed to our goal of providing quality music in a respectable format without charge. As one of life’s greatest pleasures, music should be freely available to all and resistant to commodification. As the Lost Children Netlabel looks ready to close in on its one hundredth release in 2010, we at The Silent Ballet are thankful that the label has stuck to its goals and continues to provide excellent music free of charge. Although it may seem like the music industry gets ragged on a lot, if there were more labels like Lost Children around, we think that the music climate would be a much more agreeable place for musicians.
A big thanks goes out to all the artists and labels who made this project possible. Relevant links can be found below; any support is greatly appreciated.
The Silent Ballet
Lost Children Net Label
1. The Sight Below – Fervent
2. The Boats – The Astronaut
3. Glittering Blackness, Fall – III
4. ef – Songs of Ghosts
5. Nice Wings, Icarus! – Eagle
6. Nervous Doll Dancing – Les Pommes
7. Nils Frahm – Because This Must Be
8. Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson – Our Door Handles
9. Charlieshero – Oh, Good Morning
10. Radiant City – Key Control
11. When the Clouds – The Dawn and the Embrace
12. Arrive Alive – It’s Not What You Say It’s How You Say It